Skip to main content

Love on two wheels in Asheville, NC




Yesterday was our very first trip to Asheville, NC. A 85 minute drive from our home in Greenville, SC and it was one beautiful drive!!
The fall colors were amazing and the mountains kept growing as we neared Asheville. We are absolutely in-love with Greenville and feel it is the perfect place for us to live and train but Asheville was a super nice treat.

We were invited to join a group ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway and Karel and I were joined by Maggie Rusch, Kelly and Megan Fillnow and a few others. It was lovely to be around such positive energy. 

I love nature, riding with fun people, being with Karel on two wheels, climbing mountains, descending and enjoying Mother Earth's beautiful gifts. It was a fantastic 2 hour ride as we also climbed/descended Mt Mitchell. 4100 feet of climbing and lots to love on two wheels. 
Here are a few pics for you to enjoy. I wish we could have taken more (Karel was taking lots of pics) but it was a little chilly and super windy and I was totally soaking in the view!





















6 years ago I married someone who reminded me of my dad. Smart, funny, passionate, hard working, caring, great with electronics, athletic and loves cars. I'm so lucky to be able to spend the rest of my life with someone who loves me and wants the best for me, just like my dad.
Happy anniversary Karel! I'm looking forward to many more years of love, traveling, laughing, communicating, working together, training/racing together and living life together.