Skip to main content

Here we go.....

Hello from Macon GA!
The bike is checked in and I'm ready to go...well, ready as I can be.
I have to say that I'm a bit nervous because I am racing with the big girls tomorrow. Karel talked me into stepping it up this year and racing Open/Elite.... so me, alongside 7 other females (including Ironman champion Nina Kraft!) and the open/elite men will be starting the race at 7am. I went back and forth trying to convince Karel that I SHOULDN'T be in this category but just when I convinced Karel that I should change back to the 25-29 age group, we were an hour away from the race and I told Karel I would stay in my original division.
I am going to race against myself tomorrow and see how things go. I know this will be a very challenging course and a challenging day. I know I will have up and down moments during the race and I'm sure, like every other race, I will battle my leg problems and find a way to keep moving..one foot in front of the other.
My body is ready to go so I'm crossing my fingers for a partly cloudy day (not rainy like the forecast suggests) and an enjoyable experience for my 5th half ironman distance triathlon.

I'd like to thank Hammer for keeping me fueled and without GI issues for ALL of my training sessions and for making the cutest gear for me to sport at the race.
I'd also like to thank all of my blog readers, friends and my family for supporting me in this busy time of my life.
Lastly- a BIG thanks to Karel for getting me race ready and for making sure I have the COOLEST bike and aero helmet at the race :) I also can't wait to sport my new PINK Oakley's which were not supposed to be given to me for my birthday!! I told Karel NO Gifts this year because I have a dietetic internship to pay for....but that's ok, I'll wear them anyways :)