Skip to main content

Wednesday morning w/ Karel

Lucky me....Karel and I rode together.
I took out Blue since I don't have another Tri until the end of Aug. I just love riding my road bike, especially if I am not riding alone. Karel and I headed out at 7am and I couldn't wait until our normal 26 mile route. Karel had a super hard power workout yesterday which was based on his power testing that he did on sat. Karel's coach, Shawn Burke from Velocity Multisport has been awesome for Karel. Although Karel comes home from the workouts with shaky legs and a death look in his face, I think he is enjoying seeing himself getting stronger and faster. So, I guess this morning's workout was easy for him since he knew I had to stay on his wheel. We went on our normal roads for 11 miles and when we should have made a right we kept going straight. I didn't say anything because I thought we just bypassed the 2 mile stretch before making a left. Well, we kept going straight. Hummmm, where is he taking me. I didn't ask any questions but I feared the long stretch where we headed with memories of our getting lost ride. Over two bridges, one being the interstate!!! Well, we finally made a left and I was in heaven on a quite road with a bike lane. Just drafting away and we had already done 25 miles. I kept up with Karel for most of the workout except for the turns which I am no where as good as Karel. We finally made it home with a little over 35 miles and my legs were a bit tired. Luckily, my heart is feeling good so I think I just need to work more on those bike muscles. As Karel was grabbing his whey protein I grabbed my visor and put on my running shoes. Off I went for a 18 min. run. In 2.5 miles I was back home and ready for my smoothie. What a good workout and to be finished by 9:30am was a relief. I had grocery shopping, nutrition, coaching and school to get started with but to know I had a good workout was a great way to start the day.