Skip to main content

TAG...I'M IT!



Time to learn a little about me....

10 years ago I was.....
16 years old, finishing my sophomore year of HS. I was swimming around 15 hours a week for my USA Swimming team and HS. I was also playing piano, studying to maintain my 3.5+ GPA and dancing at the "club" on saturday nights with my girls. I was also really into boys but I didn't have time for a bf....luckily, they were all losers and now I have a keeper (karel). I wanted to be a reconstructive surgeon for the face and hoped to go to medical school after swimming in college.

5 years ago....
I just finished my senior year of college and graduated with a BA in Exercise Science and a minor in psychology. I also graduated with 4 years of collegiate swimming and 1 year of cross country (senior year). I worked the summer as a personal trainer at the Y and I completed my first sprint triathlon (which took me around 2 hours). I received a scholarship from FAU and I was packing up my stuff to make the solo move to Davie, Florida for graduate school. I completed an olympic distance triathlon and thought my Giant hybrid was the coolest bike ever.

1 year ago.....
I was enrolling in the online accredited dietetic program to become a registered dietitian. I quit my job at the YMCA as the wellness coordinator to pursue my dream of being a sports nutritionist and started writing, speaking and consulting on a daily/weekly basis. I moved in to my parents house until I was no longer broke from school. Karel and I moved in together and I got engaged to my best friend. My triathlon dream came true and I finished the Ford Ironman world championships.

5 things on my to do list....
1. Study
2. Make dinner
3. Clean (never gets done when it's on my list)
4. Call my mom (everyday)
5. Answer emails

5 snacks I enjoy.....
1. WASA crackers with Publix Crunchy natural PB
2. Blueberries, bananas, cereal, raisins and Lit n' Fit vanilla yogurt
3. Water
4. String cheese
5. Nuts

If I was a billionaire......
1. I would buy a house so I could start a family with Karel.
2. I would give money to the Human Society to be sure all animals have a home and are healthy.
3. I would help out any of my family members who needed help with money (even though it seems like I am always the one struggling with money....chasing my dream perhaps???)
4. I would travel the world with Karel.
5. Karel and I would do more races far away.
6. I would continue my education and get a PhD.
7. I would fly Karel's entire family to the US to visit us and I would visit all of my family more often.

6 people I would like to have lunch with tomorrow.....
1. All my good girlfriends from HS
2. My brother (who lives in Pitt, PA)
3. Karel's parents
4. My grandma (who passed away when I was 12)
5. My dog Misty who passed away last year. Well, I'd like to give her my left over food because she always liked to "cook" with me.
6. Anyone who I can pick their brain about sports nutrition research.

5 places I have lived.....
1. Lexington, Kentucky
2. Davie, Florida
3. New Port Richey, FL
4. Dunedin, FL
5. Jacksonville, FL

5 Jobs I have had....
1. Pool Manager
2. Personal Trainer/spin instructor
3. Graduate Assistant/researcher
4. Wellness coordinator
5. Sports Nutrition consulting/writer/speaker (current)