Skip to main content

Busy day

I stayed up a bit late last night (10pm) to finish some homework for my Food Service course. I am really excited about this course as well as community nutrition. I was enjoying my time off from no school work but I guess it is back to life.
This morning I woke up at 6:30am, put on the running outfit and chatted with Karel as he got ready for his bike. Another tough workout for him with power intervals. I went for an hour and three minute run which came to about 8.3 miles. I must have been running fast because I could barely make it home. I work out on an empty stomach (aside from my coffee) but today I think I had nothing left in the tank. I bagged the bike after the run and called it a day. I wasn't sore or extremely tired after the run but I just didn't feel like doing anything else. No worries, too much to do today.
I made my smoothie and watched a little tv. Since I don't stay up at night I like to record everything and have my "free time" in the morning before I start my studying or work. After I caught up on an hour of tv I started my homework for school. Then, after laundry, cleaning and a little grocery shopping I rode my bike to the shop so that Karel could put a new saddle (Selle Italia) on seduza. I will post pics later. It is a nice white tri-specific saddle..I just love it!
After hanging out at the shop in my bike gear for a while I decided to head home to eat. I met the owner of the Native Sun at the bike shop while he was buying a Trek carbon 4.7 madone. Totally cool guy and you gotta like a guy who speaks organic, no perservatives, natural EVERYTHING!!
After a quick meal I headed out to speak to the Team n Training club. What great people! I spoke about weight loss and how to time your nutrition with your training. I spoke specifically about pre, during and post training nutrition for 60 min or less and 90 min. or more workouts. They asked great questions and I can't wait to hear updates in a few weeks from new nutrition.
Well my parents are here now!!! They drove up from new port richey and I'm super excited to show them our new place!!
Happy 4th everyone. Karel and I are heading out for some of a century ride. Not sure how long we will ride but what a great way to start the morning tomorrow :)